Discover the three alpine countries Switzerland, Liechtenstein and Austria on this eventful tour in the high mountains. Cycle in the wine towns of the “Bündner Herrschaft”, acclaimed for their red wine and which became known by the children’s book Heidi. Enjoy your journey where the Rhine is still on vacation.
The Wild Alpenrhein, 6-day-tour
Rhine cycle path Part 1
- Accommodation with breakfast in selected hotels (3 star category)
- Rooms with bath/shower and toilet
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- Train ride Chur – Disentis incl. bike
- Train ride Altstätten – Gais incl. bike
- Admission Rosgartenmuseum Constance + 1 cup of coffee
- Detailed information package with maps and tour description
- GPS data on request
- Service Hotline
1. Day: Arrival - Chur
Individual arrival to Chur, the oldest city of Switzerland, whose history can be traced back to over 11.000 years. Stroll through the crooked alleys and the Bärenloch in the old city.
2. Day: Chur - Excursion to Disentis - Chur (approx. 65 km + train ride)
Today you will travel by train (incl.) to Disentis and then cycle along the Vorderrhein through the Rhaeto-Romanic alpine valley. You will arrive at the impressive natural spectacle, the Rheinschlucht gorge. The 400 m deep gorge is also described as the Grand Canyon of Switzerland. You will then return to Chur afterwards.
3. Day: Chur - Feldkirch (approx. 65 km)
The cycling tour leads you along the Rhine and then through the hilly vineyards of the Bündner Herrschaft with idyllic villages. In Vaduz, you will have the opportunity to visit the world famous stamp collection as well as the federal state museum, before you reach the medieval Montfort town Feldkirch in Austria. A round tour through the city centre will take you back to centuries past.
4. Day: Feldkirch - St. Gallen (approx. 45 km + train ride)
You first cycle along the Rhine and then travel with the rack railway (incl.) up into the Appenzell, to Gais. Picture-book pastures and cows accompany you on your way to St. Gallen. Take the time in St. Gallen to visit the collegiate church with its important art treasures, and which is part of UNESCO world heritage.
5. Day: St. Gallen - Constance (approx. 45 km)
Today you cycle downhill to Arbon, where you will reach Lake Constance. The journey continues to Constance as you travel along the shore through well-kept Swiss towns and apple orchards. Visit the Rosgartenmuseum and enjoy a cup of coffee (incl.) or stroll through the old council city.
6. Day: Constance - Departure
Individual departure from Constance.
- Rental bike + 1 saddle bag + 1 handle-bar bag (27-Gear bike with free-wheel)
- Mountain bike, Rucksack must be brought oneself
(30-Gear bike with free-wheel)
- E-bike + 1 saddle bag + 1 handle-bar bag
- Possible visitors tax payable on-site
Please note that the prices for extra nights in Chur are on request!
Accommodation in selected hotels (Cat. 3-star standard)
Price per person
|Single room||€ 629,--|
|Double room||€ 499,--|
|Triple room||€ 499,--|
|Quadruple room||€ 499,--|
25.05.2019 - 07.06.2019
08.06.2019 - 22.06.2019
23.06.2019 - 12.07.2019
13.07.2019 - 24.08.2019
25.08.2019 - 14.09.2019
|27-Gear bike with free-wheel + 1 saddle bag + 1 handle-bar bag||€ 75,--|
|30-Gear mountainbike with free-wheel (rucksack must be brought oneself)||€ 100,--|
|E-Bike + 1 saddle bag + 1 handle-bar bag||€ 175,--|
|Double room||Single room|
|Constance||€ 65,--||€ 90,--|