The region on the high Rhine, protected from war for centuries, presents itself in old splendour. Small medieval towns as well as the diocesan towns Constance, Basel and Freiburg complement the impressive landscape. Experience the famous Rhine falls, the lovely Markgräfler country and the charming cultural metropolis Basel.
Romantic upper rhine, 7-day-tour
Rhine Cycle Path part 2...
- Accommodation with breakfast in selected hotels (cat. 3-stars-level), all rooms with bath/shower and toilet
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- Rock ride Rhine falls Schaffhausen
- Train ride Rheinfelden – Basel (incl. bike)
- Admission Rosgartenmuseum Constance + 1 cup of coffee
- Detailed information package with maps and tour description
- GPS data on request
1. Day: Arrival - Constance
Individual arrival to Constance. Visit the Rosgartenmuseum and enjoy a cup of coffee (incl.) Visit the Mainau Island and end the evening during a stroll through the medieval old city.
2. Day: Constance - Schaffhausen (approx. 50 km)
Travelling along the shore of Lake Constance, you will reach Stein am Rhein with its old town houses and façade paintings. The route varies several times between Germany and Switzerland and you will then reach Schaffhausen, which is dominated by the Munot fortress.
3. Day: Schaffhausen - Waldshut-Tiengen (approx. 60 km)
After breakfast, you cycle the short section to the Rhine falls, one of the largest waterfalls in Europe, which you will approach closely by boat (incl.). The Rhine accompanies you further on your way to Waldshut-Tiengen, past the Rheinau monastery and through the town of Kaiserstuhl.
4. Day: Waldshut-Tiengen - Rheinfelden - Basel (approx. 50 km + train ride)
You cycle further downstream via Laufenburg to Bad Säckingen, where the longest covered wooden bridge in Europe can be found. Visit the two extraordinary museums: the garbage museum and the museum of the trumpeter of Bad Säckingen. At the north shore of the Rhine, you continue on to Rheinfelden and then travel by train to Basel (incl.). The cultural city for connoisseurs has the highest number of museums in the country, boasting a quantity of 40 museums. Basel also has a lovely old city, modern architecture and the Rhine, which invites one to linger and relax.
5. Day: Basel - Badenweiler/Müllheim (approx. 50 km)
You leave Basel in the border triangle and will be able to see the Isteiner Klotz from afar, once directly located on the Rhine and secured at all times. Travelling on the edge of the Black forest, you cycle along smaller health resorts, which use the healing water of this region, before you then reach your place of accommodation.
6. Day: Badenweiler/Müllheim - Freiburg (approx. 45 km)
You cycle through the vineyards of Markgräfler country, the Black Forest arises to the right, and its reflection, the Vogesen, is to the left. Freiburg is the warmest city of Germany and the old city has its own special flair due to its water channels. You can enjoy a great view of the city and the surrounding area from Schlossberg.
7. Day: Freiburg - Departure
Individual departure from Freiburg.
- Rental bike + 1 saddle and handle-bar bag (8-gear with back pedal or 27-gear with free-wheel)
- Electric bike + 1 saddle and handle-bar bag
- Possible visitors tax payable on-site
Price per person
|Single room||€ 689,--|
|Double room||€ 529,--|
|Triple room||€ 529,--|
|Quadruple room||€ 529,--|
25.05.2019 - 07.06.2019
08.06.2019 - 22.06.2019
23.06.2019 - 12.07.2019
13.07.2019 - 24.08.2019
25.08.2019 - 14.09.2019
|Rental bike (8-gear with back pedal) + 1 saddle and handle-bar bag||€ 75,--|
|Rental bike (27-gear with free-wheel) + 1 saddle and handle-bar bag||€ 75,--|
|Electric bike + 1 saddle and handle-bar bag||€ 175,--|
|Double room||Single room|
|Constance||€ 65,--||€ 90,--|
|Freiburg||€ 65,--||€ 90,--|