During this rally, you will first spend the night in Prepotto. You will go on excursions into the Slovenian Brda and to the castles of the Collio. You will spend the last days in Gradisca d´Isonzo and will discover Aquileia and Triest.
Friaul Rally, 8-day-tour
A Rally, 2 overnight places, many impressions...
- Accommodation with breakfast buffet or extended breakfast in an agritourism estate in Prepotto and a 4 star hotel in Gradisca, both with swimming pool
- Rooms with bath/shower and toilet
- Half-board (min. 3 course menu)
- Luggage transfer on the 5th day
- Train ride from Triest to Sagrado (incl. bike)
- Detailed information package with maps and tour description
- GPS Data on request
- Service Hotline
1. Day: Arrival - Prepotto
Individual arrival to Prepotto.
2. Day: Prepotto - Round tour Cividale del Friuli-Udine - Prepotto (approx. 28/58 km)
You can choose between a shorter and a longer version. The shorter tour leads you into the medieval town of the Langobards, to Cividale del Friuli. The Piazza del Duomo with the Palazzo Pretorio invites you to take a short break. The longer route leads further into the University City Udine.
3. Day: Prepotto - Round tour Brda - Prepotto (approx. 45/65 km)
You cycle over the Slovenian border to Brda and will encounter 3 cultures, Slavonic, Romanesque and Germanic. Brda is known by its viticulture and also by the castles and white churches.
4. Day: Prepotto - Round tour to the castles of Collio - Prepotto (approx. 39/44 km)
You cycle to the castles of the Collio, the Rocca Bernarda castle being one of these. The Collio is not only known for its good wine, but also for its history. The lovely complex (16th century) lies in the midst of an extensive park, on a hill, and is surrounded by lush vineyards. The cultivation of Picolit grapes, which acquired worldwide reputation, began on this hill, thanks to Gaetano Perusini.
5. Day: Prepotto - Round tour to Gradisca d´Isonzo - Prepotto (approx. 36/47 km)
Today you need to pack your bags, as you will be leaving Prepotto and will be cycling to Cormons. You can take a break and enjoy a good glass of wine. You then continue to Gradisca, a small town near to the border to Slovenia, where you will be spending the next 3 nights. The Palazzo der Provveditori houses the Enoteca Regionale, here you can end the day while enjoying culinary delicacies.
6. Day: Prepotto - Round tour to Aquileia - Prepotto (approx. 43/77 km)
Today you cycle directly to Aquileia or can take a side-trip to Grado beforehand. Aquileia was once the largest city in the Roman Empire and remains of this settlement can still be seen today. Discover the secrets of the Roman city Aquileia, the so-called “second Rome”. A visit to the medieval cathedral with the most important early Christian floor mosaic is worthwhile.
7. Day: Prepotto - Excursion to Triest - Gradisca d'Isonzo (approx. 40 km)
Today you travel along the rugged Karst to the Adriatic Sea. You cycle along the breathtaking coast with a dream-like view to Triest. Before you enter Triest, it is possible to visit the Miramare castle. Return trip to Sagrado by train.
8. Day: Gardisca d'Isonzo - Departure
Individual departure from Gardisca d'Isonzo.
- Rental bike + 1 saddle bag per bike + 1 handle-bar bag per room (7-Gear bike with back pedal or 21-Gear bike with free-wheel)
- E-Bike + 1 saddle bag per bike + 1 handle-bar bag per room
- Special dates: from 5 people onwards
- Possible visitor's tax payable on-site
Please note: when arriving on the 07.04. or the 20.10. the travel price will be reduced by € 100,-- per person!
Price per person
|Single room||€ 719,--|
|Double room||€ 599,--|
|Triple room||€ 599,--|
|Quadruple room||€ 599,--|
01.05.2019 - 30.06.2019
01.09.2019 - 30.09.2019
|Rental bike (7-gear with back pedal) + 1 saddle bag per bike + 1 handle-bar bag per room||€ 75,--|
|Rental bike (21-gear with free-wheel) + 1 saddle bag per bike + 1 handle-bar bag per room||€ 75,--|
|E-Bike + 1 saddle bag per bike + 1 handle-bar bag per room||€ 165,--|
|Double room||Single room|
|Prepotto||€ 49,--||€ 64,--|
|Gradisca d'Isonzo||€ 59,--||€ 74,--|