This cycling trip is rich in culture and nature, in industrial history and historic sights worth seeing, and also culinary delights and vitality. You journey begins in the heart of the cathedral city of Cologne and leads you over the border to Arnhem.
Cologne - Arnhem, 7-day-tour
Rhine cycle path
- Accommodation with breakfast in comfortable middle-class hotels
- Rooms with bath/shower and toilet
- Tour in the landscape park Duisburg North
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- Detailed informational package with maps and tour description
- GPS Data on request
- Service Hotline
1. Day: Arrival - Cologne
Individual arrival to the carnival city Cologne. Visit the famous Cologne cathedral and the old city. Cologne is also known for its light beer, the Kölsch.
2. Day: Cologne - Düsseldorf (approx. 50 km)
You cycle the first kilometres along the Rhine bank, up into the medieval fortress city Zons. You will arrive at the old city of Düsseldorf at a later stage. Relax at the castle square with a real Düsseldorfer top-fermented dark beer.
3. Day: Düsseldorf - Duisburg (approx. 45 km)
Today, as you continue to travel directly along the Rhine bank, you first cycle to Kaiserswerth with the picturesque ruins and then change over onto the left side of the Rhine with a small ferry (not included in the travel price). Here it is worthwhile to take a side-trip to the moated castle Linn. You cycle further to Duisburg. Here you can take a boat tour through the largest inland port in Europe (not included in the travel price).
4. Day: Duisburg - Wesel (approx. 47 km)
After a short journey with the S-Bahn (6 minutes, not included in the travel price), you will reach Meiderich and cycle to the landscape park Duisburg North. Here you will be given a tour (incl.) through the 200 hectare decommissioned steel mill. After this imposing tour, you cycle on a former railway line to the Rhine bank. Travelling through the country idyll and the nature reserve Niederrhein, you will arrive in the Hanseatic city Wesel.
5. Day: Wesel - Emmerich (approx. 52 km)
Today you first cycle to Xanten with the historic city centre. The route continues along attractive bathing lakes and the loveliest views of the vast Rhine current to the amusement park “Wunderland Kalkar” and then over the longest suspension bridge in Germany. You will arrive at the old Hanseatic city of Emmerich with the lovely Rhine promenade.
6. Day: Emmerich - Arnhem (approx. 41 km)
You will reach the border in the morning and will then pass the place where the Rhine splits into the Waal and the Niederrijn. You continue to cycle along the Niederrijn on elevated dam paths, via sluices and bridges into the old city of Arnhem. The open-air museum is definitely worth a visit, where you can view more than 80 historic Dutch houses and windmills.
7. Day: Arnhem - Departure
Individual departure from Arnhem.
- Rental bike + 1 saddle bag + map-holder (7-Gear bike with back pedal or 27-Gear bike with free-wheel)
- E-bike + 1 saddle bag + map-holder
- Special dates: from 6 people onwards
- Ferry rides/S-Bahn ride
- Good train connections from Arnhem to Cologne (one needs to change trains twice if one is taking one’s bike along!)
- Possible visitor’s tax payable on-site
Accommodation in comfortable middle-class hotels
Price per person
|Single room||€ 733,--|
|Double room||€ 559,--|
|Triple room||€ 559,--|
|Quadruple room||€ 559,--|
12.05.2019 - 25.08.2019
|7-Gear bike with back pedal + 1 saddle bag + map-holder||€ 70,--|
|27-Gear bike with free-wheel + 1 saddle bag + map-holder||€ 70,--|
|E-Bike + 1 saddle bag + map-holder||€ 180,--|
|Double room||Single room|
|Cologne||€ 60,--||€ 88,--|
|Arnhem||€ 70,--||€ 100,--|