During this bicycle tour in the Alsace,you reside in the middle of the historic centre of Colmar, surrounded by the loveliest vineyards. Visit historic places, where Alsatian comfort in very traditional wine villages awaits you, where time seems to stand still since the Middle Ages. Enjoy the splendid wines and the excellent, world-known cuisine on this cycling holiday.
Colmar Rally, 6-day-tour
Rally with the bike - cycle tour in the Alsace
- Accommodation with breakfast (mostly Buffet) in a centrally located 4 star hotel
- Rooms with bath/shower and toilet
- Luggage transport (NO limit to the amount of pieces of luggage) daily between 9am and 5:30pm
- best prepared documents (route description, maps, references on sights to see,..)
- Admission to the Unterlinden Museum in Colmar
- Tour of the cellars of the Geldermann private champagne factory in Breisach with a glass of champagne for tasting
- Admission to the Dolder-Tower and museum in Riquewihr
- Admission to the Diebesturm-Museum in Riquewihr
- Admission to the Albert-Schweitzer-Museum in Gunsbach (open from the 01.05.)
- GPS Data on request
1. Day: Arrival - Colmar
Stroll through the capital city of the Alsatian wine and enjoy a pleasant end to the evening over a glass of wine in a wine tavern.
2. Day: Colmar - Breisach - Colmar (approx. 62 km)
Travelling along the French canal system, you cycle into the octagonal fortress city Neuf-Brisach, which is worth seeing. You pass the Rhine Bridge and are now in Breisgau. Here you can take part in a tour of the cellars of the Geldermann private champagne factory under the Breisacher Münsterberg. The tour is included and begins at 2pm. In a vault dating back to the 15th century, you will learn about the history of this house and the intricacies of sparkling wine production. It is therefore strongly recommended to wear warm clothing. Once in France, you then cycle on a pleasant journey back to Colmar.
3. Day: Colmar - Round trip to the famous wine villages - Colmar (approx. 50 km)
Today you can experience the complete diversity of the Alsatian wine street. Time seems to have come to a standstill since the middle Ages in the wine villages Ribeauvillé, Hunawhir, Riquewihr und Kaysersberg. Visit the Diebesturm-Museum in Riquewihr with the torture chamber, the guard room and the wine tavern (incl.). Enjoy an extensive view over the city from the 25 m high Dolder, the landmark of the city with the Dolder-Museum (incl.).
4. Day: Colmar - Day off in Colmar - Colmar
Visit the protected old city with its frameworks dating back to the middle Ages, its canals and its floral city centre. The cobbled stone alleys lead you to the picturesque district „Little-Venice“. A visit to the Unterlinden museum (incl.) with its world famous masterpiece „Isenheimer Altar“, is a must for culture lovers.
5. Day: Colmar - Munster - Colmar (approx. 47 km)
Today the route leads you into the midst of the vineyards via Turckheim to Gunsbach. Visit the Albert-Schweitzer-Museum (incl.) the spirit of the „Grand Docteur“, the name given to Albert Schweitzer by his patients, before you arrive in the enchanting Munster. After a wine snack you cycle to Eguisheim. Stroll through the fortress city with its picturesque alleys and florally decorated timbered houses, before cycling back to Colmar.
6. Day: Colmar - Departure
Individual departure from Colmar.
- Rental bike + 1 saddle bag per bike + 1 handle-bar bag per room (7-Gear touring bike with back pedal or 21/24-Gear touring bike with free-wheel)
- E-bike + 1 saddle bag per bike + 1 handle-bar bag per room
- velotours original tour
- possible visitor’s tax payable on-site
Our additional packages
Accommodation in a 4 star hotel
Price per person
|Single room||€ 780,--|
|Double room||€ 515,--|
|Triple room||€ 515,--|
|Quadruple room||€ 515,--|
|7-Gear touring bike with back pedal + 1 saddle bag per bike + 1 handle-bar bag per room||€ 65,--|
|21/24-Gear touring bike with free-wheel + 1 saddle bag per bike + 1 handle-bar bag per room||€ 65,--|
|E-bike + 1 saddle bag per bike + 1 handle-bar bag per room||€ 175,--|
|Single room||Double room|
|Komoot (per journey)|
|Double room||Single room|
|Colmar||€ 67,--||€ 117,--|
|Colmar||€ 67,--||€ 117,--|