You cycle through a diverse landscape between vineyards and the majestic mountains in the distance. An endless chain of vineyards, villages and castles. The region boasts a long culinary tradition. Taste the true delicacies, such as hazelnuts, truffles, cheese and the excellent wines.
A land at the foot of the mountains...
- Accommodation with breakfast buffet in 3- and 4 star hotels
- Rooms with shower and toilet
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- Informational meeting/handing over of bikes (in English)
- Detailed information package with maps and tour description
- Drinking bottle (gift if rental bike is booked)
- GPS Data on request
- Service Hotline
1. Day: Arrival - Alessandria
Individual arrival to Alessandria. The Tanaro River flows through the lovely city with its wonderful cathedrals.
2. Day: Alessandria - Acqui Terme (approx. 50 km, 450 metres in height)
You follow the old pilgrimage route of the Strada Franca and pass small desolate villages where you can try the typical specialities and the excellent wine. Acqui Terme is famous for its thermal springs, such as the “Bollente” in the old city centre.
3. Day: Acqui Terme - Alba (approx. 55 km, 1000 metres in height)
You cycle through the famous Langhe Mountains with lovely landscapes, vineyards and villages such as Montabone, Rocchetta Palafea and Canelli. The stage ends in Alba, the home of the white truffle and the famous wine “Dolcetto d´Alba.”
4. Day: Alba - Asti (approx. 35 km, 250 metres in height)
After travelling via landscapes and through vineyards, you will reach Asti. Here the historical city centre with its towers, Romanesque monuments and the magnificent Gothic cathedrals awaits you.
5. Day: Asti - Excursion to Turin or Asti round tour - Asti (approx. 35 km, 250 metres in height)
You can either go on a round tour through the mountains of Asti or go on an excursion to Turin. You will reach the former capital city of Italy by train (on your own). Admire the impressive monuments and try the numerous chocolate specialities.
6. Day: Asti - Casale Monferrato (approx. 55 km, 700 metres in height)
Enjoy the hospitality of the wine cellars and restaurants which you will encounter along the route. In Casale Monferrato, you will discover the longest river in Italy, the Po.
7. Day: Casale Monferrato - Alessandria (approx. 45 km, 150 metres in height)
You continue via green hills and expansive fields, through small towns and villages before you will reach your departure point once again. End the evening with a stroll through the Piazza della Libertá and the Piazza Duomo.
8. Day: Alessandria - Departure
Individual departure from Alessandria.
You cycle mainly on side-streets with little traffic, and short sections on unpaved paths. Busier sections are to be expected at Alessandria and Asti. The stages run partly on flat but also hilly terrain. More difficult stages are to be overcome on the 3rd and 6th day. The cycling tour is suitable for those in normal physical condition.
Total length: approx. 240/275 kilometres
level of difficulty: 3
- Rental bike + 1 saddle bag + 1 handle-bar bag or 1 map-holder (27-gear with free-wheel)
- E-Bike + 1 saddle bag + 1 handle-bar bag or 1 map-holder
- Bicycle helmet rental
- Train ride to Turin on the 5th day on one's own
- special dates: from 5 people onwards
- Possible visitor's tax payable on-site
Please state when booking, whether you would like a double room with a double bed or separate beds.
Our additional packages
Price per person
|Single room||€ 820,--|
|Double room||€ 620,--|
|Triple room||€ 620,--|
|Quadruple room||€ 620,--|
27.04.2019 - 14.06.2019
15.06.2019 - 06.09.2019
07.09.2019 - 27.09.2019
|(27-gear with free-wheel)+ 1 saddle bag + 1 handle-bar bag or 1 map-holder||€ 80,--|
|E-Bike + 1 saddle bag + 1 handle-bar bag or 1 map-holder||€ 190,--|
|Single room||Double room|
|Bicycle helmet rental (per person)||€ 15,--|
|Double room||Single room|
|Alessandria||€ 55,--||€ 75,--|
|Alessandria||€ 55,--||€ 75,--|