White and blue metropolitan flair in Munich, country idyll, dreamlike lakes and high-alpine landscapes. Here, the emphasis is still placed on old traditions, which you will continue to discover during your journey.
Panorama Tour in Bavaria, 8-day-tour
Through Bavarias beautiful middle...
- Accommodation with breakfast (mostly buffet) in hotels and inns with 3 or 4 stars Category
- Rooms with bath/shower and toilet
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- Voucher booklet of the Munich/Starnberg region with many discounts
- Restaurant guide with the best resting points
- Train ride Garmisch-Partenkirchen-Scharnitz (Purchase of bicycle ticket on one’s own, approx. € 6,-)
- Detailed information package with maps and tour description
- GPS Data on request
- Service Hotline
1. Day: Arrival - Munich
The English Garden with its Chinese tower, the Frauenkirche (Church of Our Lady) or the Nymphenburg castle are sights worth seeing.
2. Day: Munich - Murnau/Seehausen am Staffelsee (approx. 48-68 km)
Travelling through the Forstenrieder Park, you cycle to the Starnberger See Lake. You can either cycle along the lake or shorten the daily stage by approx. 48 km by travelling by ship (on your own, possible daily from around the 01.05.). An insider’s tip is the dreamlike view of the romantic Riegsee Lake, before you reach Murnau am Staffelsee.
3. Day: Murnau/Seehausen am Staffelsee - Garmisch-Partenkirchen (approx. 40 km)
In the morning, you will cycle to the largest moorlands in central Europe, the Murnauer Moos. Travelling along the Loisach River, you will reach Garmisch-Partenkirchen. It is possible to take a ride with the Zugspitzbahn up to the highest peak in Germany and to enjoy the unique mountain backdrop.
4. Day: Garmisch-Partenkirchen - Wallgau/surroundings (approx. 45 km + train ride)
You begin the day with a train ride (incl.), thus easily covering 300 metres in height. From Scharnitz, you cycle to the picturesque Isar source. During your return trip, you can enjoy a splendid panoramic view of the Karwendel Mountains.
5. Day: Wallgau/surroundings - Bad Tölz (approx. 50 km)
Today’s stage leads you past the Isarwinkel to the Sylvensteinsee Lake. Travelling along the turquoise blue Isar, you will reach Bad Tölz, known for the TV series “Der Bulle von Tölz”. The love of tradition and one’s home is still very much part of everyday life here.
6. Day: Bad Tölz - Tegernsee Lake (approx. 20/40 km)
It is possible if one wishes, to enjoy the view of the Tegernsee Lake after a short while (approx. 20 km) and spend the rest of the day relaxing at the lake shore. Athletic cyclists can also travel around the Tegernsee Lake (+ approx. 20 km).
7. Day: Tegernsee Lake - Munich (approx. 25/65 km)
You cycle directly from the Tegernsee Lake back into the Bavarian capital. One can shorten today’s stage by about 25 km if one wishes, by taking a ride with the Oberlandbahn (on one’s own).
8. Day: Munich - Departure
Individual departure from Munich.
You cycle on well signed and asphalted cycle paths as well as on quiet side-streets (only short sections need to be travelled on main roads) and a few unmounted tracks in good condition. The few short ascents can also be managed easily by pushing one’s bike.
Total length: approx. 228/308 kilometres
level of difficulty: 2 - 3
- Rental bike + 2 saddle bags (21-Gear unisex bike with stepless gearshift and free-wheel)
- E-bike + 2 saddle bags
- Possible visitor’s tax payable on-site
Price per person
|Single room||€ 865,--|
|Double room||€ 670,--|
|Triple room||€ 670,--|
|Quadruple room||€ 670,--|
21.04.2019 - 25.05.2019
26.05.2019 - 05.09.2019
06.09.2019 - 11.09.2019
|Rental bike (Unisex-touring bike with free-wheel and stepless gear shift)+ 2 saddle bags||€ 75,--|
|E-Bike + 2 saddle bags||€ 175,--|
|Double room||Single room|
|Munich||€ 82,--||€ 127,--|
|Murnau/Seehausen am Staffelsee||€ 66,--||€ 91,--|
|Garmisch-Partenkirchen||€ 66,--||€ 91,--|
|Wallgau/surroundings||€ 66,--||€ 91,--|
|Bad Tölz||€ 66,--||€ 91,--|
|Tegernsee Lake||€ 66,--||€ 91,--|
|Munich||€ 82,--||€ 127,--|